ABOUT LAVINIA GROUP
Lavinia Group is a world-class education management consultancy, on a mission to create joyful, rigorous schools for all children. We are obsessed with closing the opportunity gap by helping our partner schools achieve world-class literacy and math instruction through exceptional leader and teacher training. Since 2015, we've partnered with hundreds of schools to deliver transformative results for over 280,000 students.
Whether as superintendent, principal, or classroom teacher, each Lavinia Group team member has delivered phenomenal results on behalf of the students that they served. As a result of our collective experience, our approach is firmly anchored on the following:
- Meaning Mindset: In an educational landscape that suffers from over-complexity, and hyper-focus on “text-dependent questions,” and skills and strategies, we clear the clutter and put meaning front and center. Therefore, everything we do flows to and from meaning.
- Intellectual Preparation: The key to excellent student outcomes is to invest like crazy in the adults. We must support leaders and teachers to be confident, passionate, and precise in their own ability to analyze texts and master content. In preparing to teach students the art of reading and writing, it’s intellectual preparation that matters most.
- World-class Literature and Robust Independent Reading: In order for students to be great readers, they must fall in love with reading. In order for students to fall in love with reading, they must have the best literature at their fingertips, and plenty of dedicated time daily for robust independent reading.
- School-based Training: Just like kids, school leaders and teachers learn best by doing. The training/execution gap emerges when ideas presented during professional development are not realized in practice. We preempt this by working with leaders and teachers where the rubber hits the road: in schools and in classrooms. Through our Rapid Improvement Cycle, which includes ample intellectual preparation and practice, we drive rapid adult learning within our partner schools.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Instructional Consultants play a critical role in directly supporting partner schools across the country to achieve world-class instruction through effective professional development and instructional coaching. The ideal candidate has experience leading teams to achieve excellent results in diverse educational settings.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled instructional leader to contribute to Lavinia Group’s organizational mission to close the opportunity gap across the country.
Office and Travel: This role requires weekly travel to school sites, typically three-four days a week. While we make every effort to assign Consultants to clients that are in a similar geographic region of the country (e.g. south, northeast), we can make no guarantees about client site locations. There is no central Lavinia Group office so consultants work from home when not in schools.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Strategically set the vision for quality instruction and implementation of Lavinia Group’s curriculum and instructional models in a set of school or network/district partnerships to ensure excellent and equitable outcomes for all students
- Ensure that high-quality, impactful instructional management plans, professional development, and coaching services are provided to teachers, instructional coaches, building leaders, and system leaders
- Actively monitor progress of partners through onsite coaching, ongoing data analysis, and meetings with key stakeholders
- Engage in collaborative team structures to ensure alignment between Lavinia Group team members and to continuously improve Lavinia Group’s instructional tools
- Facilitate high-quality, impactful professional development sessions to a national audience
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Track record of achieving excellent results in a school setting working across Grades K-12
- Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts (Bachelors or Masters degree in an associated content area preferred) or Mathematics (Bachelors or Masters degree in an associated content area preferred)
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Teaching experience (5+ years)
- Leadership experience (3+ years)
- Experience with teaching multilingual learners and diverse learner populations preferred
- Knowledge of the Common Core State Standards preferred
- Demonstrates a collaborative spirit
- Works well with others both within and across teams
- Receptive to multiple viewpoints
- Contributes to a big-picture vision
- Demonstrates ownership
- Receives feedback well and applies the feedback to future work
- Problem solves proactively and thinks flexibly
- Builds relationships effectively
- Maintains a commitment to excellence and incredibly high standards
All Lavinia Group Instructional Consultants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting.
Lavinia Group predominantly partners with schools and educational organizations serving historically marginalized students and communities across the country, and we are committed to building a diverse team to contribute to this work. We strongly encourage individuals of all racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds who share our mission to apply.