ABOUT LAVINIA GROUP
Lavinia Group is a world-class education management consultancy, on a mission to create joyful, rigorous schools for all children. We are obsessed with closing the opportunity gap by helping our partner schools achieve world-class literacy and math instruction through exceptional leader and teacher training. Since 2015, we've partnered with hundreds of schools to deliver transformative results for over 280,000 students.
Whether as superintendent, principal, or classroom teacher, each Lavinia Group team member has delivered phenomenal results on behalf of the students that they served. As a result of our collective experience, our approach is firmly anchored on the following:
- Meaning Mindset: In an educational landscape that suffers from over-complexity, and hyper-focus on “text-dependent questions,” and skills and strategies, we clear the clutter and put meaning front and center. Therefore, everything we do flows to and from meaning.
- Intellectual Preparation: The key to excellent student outcomes is to invest like crazy in the adults. We must support leaders and teachers to be confident, passionate, and precise in their own ability to analyze texts and master content. In preparing to teach students the art of reading and writing, it’s intellectual preparation that matters most.
- World-class Literature and Robust Independent Reading: In order for students to be great readers, they must fall in love with reading. In order for students to fall in love with reading, they must have the best literature at their fingertips, and plenty of dedicated time daily for robust independent reading.
- School-based Training: Just like kids, school leaders and teachers learn best by doing. The training/execution gap emerges when ideas presented during professional development are not realized in practice. We preempt this by working with leaders and teachers where the rubber hits the road: in schools and in classrooms. Through our Rapid Improvement Cycle, which includes ample intellectual preparation and practice, we drive rapid adult learning within our partner schools.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Instructional Operations Associate supports the Lavinia Group Program team on all operational aspects related to curriculum design, training, and implementation.
Reporting to the Director of Instructional Operations, this individual will manage critical operational and administrative responsibilities such as training logistics, curriculum content management, and digital platform development.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled operations team member to contribute to Lavinia Group’s organizational mission to provide high-quality curriculum and training in an effort to close the opportunity gap across the country.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Implement the product life cycle for multiple projects, completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Communicate clearly within and across teams
- Exemplify a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Work independently in a remote environment
- Adhere to a task and deadline-driven workflow
- Organize and run logistics for virtual training of up to 200 participants
- Organize and manage digital materials
- Edit and upload video content
- Manage content on our digital platform
- Develop systems for and manage supply and book order processes
- Manage budget tracking against goals
- Format curriculum materials
- Demonstrates a collaborative spirit
- Works well with others both within and across teams
- Receptive to multiple viewpoints
- Contributes to a big-picture vision
- Demonstrates ownership
- Receives feedback well and applies the feedback to future work
- Problem solves proactively and thinks flexibly
- Builds relationships effectively
- Maintains a commitment to excellence and incredibly high standards